(Boring... we know... but important and legally required.)
1) All members of each team must be 19 years of age or older.
2) Each team member is required to sign a waiver and release of liability. This must be received at least 2 business days prior to the date of the performance as outlined in the registration package each team receives. Failure to receive the document will result in the team member not being able to participate in the event. You can download the waiver at the bottom of this page, or on the team registration page.
3) There is no fee associated with registering a team.
4) Each team is required to raise a minimum of $2,500.00 to participate in the performance. Teams are allowed to "top up" their donations should they not meet the minimum amount. Each team is required to remit their donations at least two business days prior to the event.
5) Each team is solely responsible for the costs associated (costume, make-up, props, etc) with participating in the event.
6) Each team may consist of a minimum of five and up to a maximum of 10 people. The maximum number of stage performers per team is 10 and the minimum number of stage performers is three.
7) Maximum performance time is six minutes per team. Performances can consist of one song, or a riff of several songs. All song choices must be submitted prior to the performance.
8) Teams are encouraged to utilize props, however props cannot be stored at the venue prior to, or after, the event. As there is limited time for each team, we cannot accommodate large sets or time to set up the stage before each performance. The stage must be fully cleared immediately after each performance. It is recommended that should you choose to use props they be easily transportable and of a manageable size.
9) Any props left behind could result in a disposal charge from the venue. It is the teams responsibility to cover any such costs.
10) 'Drag Coaches' supplied to a team by Lads & Lashes are not permitted to perform with their teams on stage at the night of the event. They are however included in the award portion.
11) Each team will be judged and awarded points by the judging panel based on the following criteria:
d) Character (Team Spirit).
12) The top three teams will be awarded according to the final decision by the judging panel. Trophies (and bragging rights) will be awarded to the teams that rank 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The team that raises the highest donations will also receive special recognition at the event.
13) Any inappropriate behaviour regarding another culture will result in immediate disqualification of the entire team from the competition. Specifically making fun of, or being abusive or disrespectful of, another culture in their performance.